Cory Fein, founder of the Cory Fein Law Firm, focuses on class action litigation, whistleblower “qui tam” cases, commercial litigation, and products liability.
Mr. Fein graduated from the University of Texas School of Law, with honors, in 1991 and was a member of Phi Delta Phi. In 1988, he graduated from the Plan II program at the University of Texas with high honors, and was a member of Phi Beta Kappa and a National Merit Scholar.
Mr. Fein began his legal career at Jackson Walker in Houston where he practiced for five years representing defendants in a wide variety of commercial litigation cases. He then moved to the plaintiffs’ side of the bar, representing plaintiffs in commercial litigation, including class actions, with McClanahan and Clearman, LLP. He joined Caddell & Chapman in 2001, and practiced there for more than 13 years, most recently as a partner, before forming the Cory Fein Law Firm in 2014.
Thomson Reuters named Mr. Fein as a Super Lawyer in 2017, 2016 and 2015, and as a Rising Star in 2004, 2005 and 2007 as published in Texas Monthly magazine.
H Texas Magazine named Mr. Fein as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers in 2014 – 2017.
Named as a Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (top 1/3 of 1% of Texas lawyers)
Recognized by America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Southern Texas, 2017
Mr. Fein has been a FINRA arbitrator since 2004, and is a certified mediator, meeting the requirements of Chapter 154.052(a) of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code, and the Harris County Dispute Resolution Center. He is a member of the Association of Attorney-Mediators.
Mr. Fein has been a Guest Lecturer on Whistleblower and Class Action practice at University of Houston School of Law, Adj. Prof. Charles D. Brown’s class, Law Office Management: How to Make Money as a Lawyer, Spring 2015.
Mr. Fein serves as a volunteer mediator with the Harris County Dispute Resolution Center and as a judge in the American Association for Justice annual Student Trial Advocacy Competition at the Harris County Courthouse.
Mr. Fein has co-authored articles on Underground Storage Tank Cost Recovery and Litigation, and Effective Motion Practice in Texas. Most recently he co-authored an article on Computer-Based Discovery, and presented the article at University of Houston Advanced Business Litigation seminars, and bar association CLE’s in Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Dallas, and Beaumont. He has moderated several panels on various litigation topics at continuing legal education seminars throughout Texas.
For commendation from mayor of Lancaster, California, click: Lancaster Certificate
Mr. Fein is a member of the State Bar of Texas and the State Bar of California and is licensed to practice before the United States Supreme Court, Texas and California Supreme Courts, Fifth and Ninth Circuit Courts of Appeals, U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Western and Eastern Districts of Texas, Northern District of Florida, Eastern District of Michigan, and all District Courts in California and Texas.
- Texas Supreme Court, 1991
- California Supreme Court, 2007
- District Court Southern District of Texas
- District Court Eastern District of Texas
- District Court Western District of Texas
- District Court Northern District of Texas
- District Court Central District of California
- District Court Eastern District of California
- District Court Northern District of California
- District Court Southern District of California
- District Court Northern District of Florida
- District Court Eastern District of Michigan
- District Court Northern District of Illinois
- District Court Southern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Indiana
- Western District of Tennessee
- District Court of Colorado
- Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
- Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- The University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas
- J.D. 1991, with honors
- University of Texas, Austin, Texas
- B.A. 1988, with high honors
- Phi Beta Kappa, Plan II Liberal Arts Honors Program
Honors and Awards
- Named a Super Lawyer by Thomson Reuters in 2015, 2016, and 2017 as published in Texas Monthly magazine
- Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation (top 1/3 of 1% of Texas lawyers)
- America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, Southern Texas, 2017
- Named a Rising Star by Thomson Reuters in 2004, 2005 and 2007 as published in Texas Monthly magazine
- Named as one of Houston’s Top Lawyers in 2014 – 2017 by H Texas Magazine
- Cory Fein Law Firm, 2014 – present
- Caddell & Chapman, 2001 – 2014
- eLaw, 2000 – 2001
- McClanahan and Clearman, 1997 – 1999
- Jackson Walker, 1991 – 1997
*Not Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization